The North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) and Boston College Eagles (2-0) meet at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff Saturday. Below, we analyze the North Carolina-Boston College college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
The Tar Heels are the No. 11 team in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
North Carolina at Boston College: Betting odds and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Thursday at 12:37 p.m. ET.
- Money line: North Carolina -556 (bet $556 to win $100) | Boston College +400 (bet $100 to win $400)
- Against the spread/ATS: North Carolina -13.5 (-110) | Boston College +13.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 54.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
North Carolina at Boston College: Three things to know
- We have seen the Tar Heels just once this season, as their game last weekend against Charlotte was wiped out due to COVID-19 in the 49ers program. So, UNC’s 31-6 win vs. Syracuse on Sept. 12 is the only time we have seen head coach Mack Brown’s squad. The defense allowed just 202 total yards, including 68 rushing yards, in a dominating effort.
- Boston College has registered 25.0 PPG in two outings so far, and it has allowed 13.5 PPG, as the ‘Under’ has connected in each of its two outings to date. BC is also plus-3 in the takeaway department.
- The Tar Heels have covered each of the past four meetings in this series, but believe it or not, they haven’t faced each other since Oct. 26, 2013, despite being in the same conference. UNC won that day 34-10. The Tar Heels also haven’t visited BC since the 2009 season.
Get some action on this game or any other matchup with a college football bet at BetMGM in NJ, IN, CO and WV. Bet now!
North Carolina at Boston College: Odds, betting lines and picks
North Carolina 26, Boston College 23
Money line (ML)
UNC (-556) will cost you more than five and a half times your potential return, which is a risky proposition. It has not played in three weeks, so rust will likely be a factor. It’s way too risky, especially on the road, even if there isn’t a home crowd. AVOID.
Against the spread (ATS)
BOSTON COLLEGE +13.5 (-110) is worth a look on its home field. The Eagles defense should be able to hang with North Carolina, mainly because of the lengthy layoff. BC was on the field last Saturday, perhaps peeking ahead a bit. But the Eagles are in a rhythm, and that shouldn’t be discounted. I’d feel even more confident if this were 14 and a hook, though.
UNDER 54.5 (-110) is the top play in this ACC matchup, as both of these teams are a combined 3-0 on the Under. The Eagles have a tremendous defense, and the Heels have allowed six points this season.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.